Blueprint® Battalion® supplement is designed for self-feeding to calves, growing cattle and mature beef cattle being fed moderate to high-protein forages
- A nutrient-dense, self-fed supplement
- Fortified with electrolytes, high levels of vitamins, Bioplex® Hi-Four and Bio-Mos® 2
- Contains chromium, shown to be important in maintaining the health of stressed calves
- Helps overcome nutritional challenges associated with transitions and transportation stress in calves, such as:
- Weaning: Two primary stressors affect calves at weaning: social separation from their mothers and moving to a new environment where they must develop new feeding skills.
- Shipping: Shipping can be one of the most stressful times in a calf’s life. Crowded compartments and unfamiliar animals can significantly increase stress levels in cattle.
- Grouping: Ideally, calves grouped together should be born within a week of one another. Grouping calves with an age range of more than three weeks between the youngest and oldest calves may complicate weaning and spread pathogens from older to younger calves.
Self-fed consumption will depend on the size of the animals fed, as well as the quality, source and availability of other feeds.
Pen-raised calves: Place containers near a water source or feed bunks, preferably elevated from ground level to minimize contamination with dirt and other foreign materials, which may discourage consumption. Use one container per head for individually fed calves and one container for every 3–10 head when calves are fed in groups. Calves typically consume between 1 and 4 ounces per head per day.
Growing cattle and mature cattle: Place containers in areas that achieve desired supplement intake. Once acceptable intake levels are reached, the containers may be moved to underutilized pasture areas to improve grazing distribution and forage utilization. Feed at the rate of one container for every 20–30 head, with a minimum of two containers in each lot or pasture to ensure proper accessibility. Growing and mature cattle typically consume between 0.25–0.75 pounds per head per day. This product contains Bio-Mos 2, Yea-Sacc® and Bioplex trace minerals.
*All consumption figures stated here are approximate. Always provide free access to fresh, clean water.
CAUTION: Use only as directed. Consumption of selenium should not exceed 3 milligrams per head daily.
WARNING: This product, which contains added copper, should not be fed to sheep or any species with a low tolerance to supplemental copper.
PLEASE NOTE: CRYSTALYX® Brand Supplements deliver a continuous supply of nutrients and are designed to supplement the animal’s diet. When quantity or quality of other feedstuffs is limited, supplemental nutrients, in addition to those provided by CRYSTALYX Brand Supplements, may be required. In situations where additional nutrients are needed, contact your feed representative for specific recommendations.
|Crude Protein, Min.||14.00%|
|Crude Fat, Min.||4.00%|
|Crude Fiber, Max.||3.00%|
|Chromium, Min.||13.2 ppm|
|Cobalt, Min.||28.5 ppm|
|Copper, Min.||450 ppm|
|Iodine, Min.||55 ppm|
|Manganese, Min.||650 ppm|
|Selenium, Min.||8.8 ppm|
|Zinc, Min.||1,300 ppm|
|Vitamin A, Min.||80,000 IU/lb.|
|Vitamin D-3, Min.||8,000 IU/lb.|
|Vitamin E, Min.||800 IU/lb.|
|Vitamin B-12, Min.||0.5 mg/lb.|
Molasses products, processed grain by-products, plant protein products, monocalcium phosphate, dicalcium phosphate, hydrolyzed yeast, hydrolyzed vegetable oil, salt, magnesium oxide, calcium carbonate, zinc proteinate, manganese proteinate, copper proteinate, selenium yeast, ethylenediamine dihydroiodide, cobalt proteinate, chromium propionate, vitamin A supplement, vitamin D-3 supplement, vitamin E supplement, vitamin B-12 supplement, mineral oil.